Sponsored by Abbott Vascular LATAM
35th SOLACI Regional Sessions – 13° Central America and the Caribbean Regional Meeting
June 1st and 2nd, 2018.
Guatemala City, Guatemala.
Case Submission: “Fostering Hemodynamics among Young Cardiologists”.
After over ten years, SOLACI returns to the country that hosted the first Regional Sessions: Guatemala. After such a long time, it will be our honor to return there in our mission to continue promoting interventional cardiology through an event that consists in an array of the most varied scientific sessions and activities.
It is with great pleasure that we hereby invite all young Latin American cardiologists specializing in hemodynamics to submit relevant clinical cases to the next SOLACI Sessions, Guatemala City, Guatemala, to be held on June 1st and 2nd, 2018.
Participants will be competing for the “best case” prize, which consists of complete coverage to attend to a SOLACI Session, including air fare, accommodation and registration. Winner will have the chance to choose amongst an upcoming SOLACI Session.
Submitted cases must be of educational value and must pertain to the field of interventional cardiology.
All cases will be initially evaluated by the appointed committee and shortlisted to the best 8, which shall be presented orally during our sessions. During these presentations, a second complementary evaluation will decide on the winner.
Case submission deadline: May 13th, 2018.
Submission Criteria and Specifications:
- Case submission is meant for young Latin American interventional cardiologists and topics include: adult peripheral vascular and structural heart interventional cardiology.
- In each case only one interventionist can sign. Being a fellow cardiologist or interventionist is not required.
- Attach a letter of recommendation from the Chief of the Hemodynamic Service you belong to.
- Send a Word file with your case description, no longer than 300 words, font size 11.
- Send a complementary Power Point file with your case presentation. Even though you may use videos for your oral presentation during our sessions (up to 5), this initial file may only include up to 5 pictures only.
- One cardiologist may present more than one case. If such were the case, they should be sent separately.
- Include personal information: name and last name, phone number, email address, case title and institution you are working for.
Cases must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com under the subject “Guatemala 2018 Sessions: Young Cardiologists Contest”.