The Fellow’s Corner is a space for discussion of real-life clinical cases, carried out in the centers of the SOLACI community. Its goal is to discuss and comment these cases making reference to the scientific evidence that supports each conduct.
How does the Fellow’s Corner work?
- Clinical cases are presented every 15 days at solaci.org.
- Those interested can send a clinical case (see conditions), including a brief clinical background and diagnostic imaging, but without showing the outcome.
- Each case presentation has a moderator, in charge of leading the discussion and making engaging questions, and a guest expert, who makes the final remarks.
- Moderators and experts are chosen by ProEducar’s committee.
- The cases remain open for discussion for 7 days. During this period, fellows are able to comment, make questions, give their opinion on what should or should not have been done, and on plausible therapy. Whenever possible, fellows will be asked to quote the relevant scientific work behind their opinions, to make the exchange richer.
- Once the discussion period is over, the presenter/s shows how they solved the case and the expert makes a final comment on the action taken.
- The presenter/s are welcome to invite professionals from other areas (clinicians, surgeons, imaging technicians, etc.…) to take part in the discussion.
- Cases are not required to be complex or novel to be presented.
- Remember, the ultimate goal is for you all to learn!!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)